There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you
were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is
over all and through all and in all. Ephesians 4:4-6 (NIV)
Baptism celebrates the faithfulness of God through Jesus and inclusion in the covenant family of God. Solana Beach Presbyterian Church offers opportunities throughout the year for:
- infant and young child baptism with the profession of their parent's faith
- child, student, and adult baptism with the profession of their own faith
Steps for Requesting Baptism:
- Infant - 2nd Grade: Attend a Parent Baptism/Dedication Orientation Class (see more below). At least one parent must be a member of SBPC prior to baptism (see New Member Seminar dates below). To request a Baptism contact Karen La-Haise at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-509-2580 x 1221
- 3rd Grade - 6th Grade: Attend a 3rd-6th grade Baptism Class before being baptized. For more information about the baptism class contact Kathie Bauer (858-509-2580 x1350). All baptisms will be recognized and celebrated in worship on the specified Sunday morning. Beach baptism is an available option: your child will be recognized and celebrated in worship, and the baptism will take place at Fletcher Cove in Solana Beach after the 10:30 worship service. To request a Baptism, we are currently updating this form. Please contact Kathie Bauer to schedule a baptism. 2017 Baptism dates are TBA.
- 7th Grade - 12th Grade: contact Jamie Nelson (858-509-2580 x1451) and attend a New Member Seminar (see dates below).
- Adults (18 & older): Attend a New Member Seminar (see dates below). To register, please contact Camille Clemens (858-509-2580 x1207).
Parent Baptism Orientation Classes for Infant - 2nd Grade
Quarterly orientation classes are offered for parents desiring a child (infant through 2nd grade) to be baptized or dedicated. These small gatherings allow parents to discover the biblical, theological and practical significance of baptism for:
- children in the covenant family of faith
- parents as the primary spiritual leaders for their children
- the church as partners with parents for encouragement and spiritual growth
Each class will be held on campus from 6:30-8:00pm in the Children's Ministry Center, room 111 (downstairs in the new Children's Ministry Center, east end of campus). Childcare is provided upon request with prior reservation. Classes are facilitated by Pastor Mike McClenahan.
Upcoming Parent Orientation Classes for Infant Baptism:
Baptism Sundays (Infant-2nd Grade):
Baptism Sunday (3rd - 6th grade; 7th grade - 12 grade)
New Member Seminars:
To sign up for a New Member Seminar, please contact Camille Clemens (858-509-2580 x1207).
For more information on parent classes, baptisms at SBPC in general, or to schedule an infant baptism, please contact: Karen La-Haise, Coordinator of Care Ministries (858-509-2580 x1221)